About Massage Therapy
Board-certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Charles Virden knows that there is an incredible value in total body wellness. In modern life, there are many things that make it hard for patients in and around Reno to take care of themselves. However, with massage therapy at Renovation in Reno, Nevada, patients can treat their body to the best of care. Stress and sedentary jobs that are common in modern life have been shown to be incredibly problematic to your health. Massage therapy can help you find relief from a wide variety of issues. Joint flexibility can be improved, lymph flow can be stimulated to enhance the immune system, back pain can be relieved, and migraines may be treated. Massage is also effective to assist with and shorten labor for expectant mothers. Achieving total body wellness involves being mindful and living in harmony with your environment. Spa body therapy at Renovation Medical Spa is the perfect solution to realign the body's energies and restore overall health. We offer many specialty massages, including:
Renovation Signature Aromatherapy Massage
- 85 Minutes – $115
- Aromatic essential oils relieve individual stresses, balancing the mind and body through your sense of smell to calm the nervous system, and create a sense of peace and well-being.
Tranquil Swedish Massage
- 25 Minutes – $50, 55 Minutes – $75, 85 Minutes – $110
- A relaxing full-body massage that improves circulation, detoxifies, de-stresses, and relieves muscle aches and tension.
Peak Performance Sports Massage
- 55 Minutes – $90
- This is a therapeutic massage that targets muscle aches and pains of the active individual to relieve tension and speed recovery.
Renewal Deep Tissue Massage
- 55 Minutes – $85
- An intense massage therapy for the treatment of chronic pain and imbalances in the body. The release of deep muscular tension relieves anxiety that accompanies pain, thus restoring vitality.
Zen Aroma Stone Massage
- 55 Minutes – $100, 85 Minutes – $150
- The use of polished, heated stones is an extension of the therapists’ hands.
“Speedy Recovery” Massage Therapy
- 30 Minutes – $55
- This is a Manual Lymphatic Drainage massage that is performed after surgery to relieve swelling, bruising, discomfort, and to speed up the recovery process.
- 85 Minutes – $100
- Pregnancy can send your body on a wild ride of physical and emotional changes. Over the course of nine months, your body is going to be put under steadily increasing physical stress. Weight gain, muscle aches, and joint pain are very common, and all that stress and preparation for the birth of your child can leave you feeling worn out and at the end of your rope. Renovation knows that while the birth of your child will be a beautiful moment for you, the time leading up to it may not be the most enjoyable. Our Mother-to-Be massage was precisely crafted to be able to provide expecting mothers with the physical and emotional relief they need. This massage can help to relax your mind and body, ease your body pains, and increase your circulation.
Massage Therapy Reviews
"Knowledgeable, Respectful, Experienced and Personable - Reno, NV - I was originally intimidated about seeing a plastic surgeon but immediately felt comfortable in Dr Virden's office. He is very personable, readily available to answer any questions and actually listens to the patient's desires. He gives you 100% of his attention. Dr Virden has excellent credentials as well as an artistic eye. Currently 10 days post op (facelift), I now understand how well informed I was not only about the proceedure but especially what to expect during recovery. I especially appreciated Dr Virden and his staff's candid answers to my many inquires. Also covered was a lymphatic massage (in the spa side of his practice) to help with swelling as well as make-up tips to cover any transient reddness. Thank you!"- S. / RealSelf / Nov 11, 2011
"Jamie is the best for nails and Tiffany gives the best massage around!I wouldn't go anywhere else. Nice atmosphere- love the relaxation room too."- J.L. / Yelp / Jan 30, 2014
"Tiffany, an excellent massage, already booked again.... score!!!!!"- M.S. / Demandforce / Jan 25, 2017
"I was a former employee who loved working for Dr Virdens office and I still continue to have services done at Renovation. I see Johanna for my services and she is amazing. All the receptionists are very professional and accommodating with scheduling appointments. I highly recommend Renovations for services, such as facials, lasers, massages and nail services."- N.T. / Google / Feb 26, 2017
"Had a great massage by Star!"- V.B. / Demandforce / Sep 15, 2017
The best candidates for massage therapy:
- Are pregnant
- Desire overall better health
- Have limited joint flexibility
- Have muscle tension or aches
- Have recently had a cosmetic or plastic surgery procedure
- Suffer from pain, discomfort, low energy, fatigue, and/or a weakened immune system
What to Expect
The patient will lie on their back and the masseuse will begin by placing their hands on the upper part of the ribcage and asking the patient to inhale and exhale. Moderate pressure will be applied to engage the diaphragm muscles. From there, the patient will be instructed on how to adjust to allow the masseuse to address the neck area, abdomen, lymph nodes, legs, and back to apply light to moderate pressure to thoroughly detoxify the body. A massage therapy treatment lasts from 25 - 85 minutes.
A massage is extremely relaxing and many patients will fall asleep during the treatment. The body will feel rejuvenated and more energetic, and the patient will be in a better mood afterwards. The muscles, tissue, and nerves will be soothed, so clients will look and feel better. Regular treatments are usually suggested to promote better health and well-being.
Plan Your Service
- Average Cost
- $45 - $205
Revitalize Your Body
If your body is not feeling its best, rejuvenate yourself with massage therapy at Renovation. A medical-grade massage is great at speeding up the healing process while ridding your body of unwanted toxins. To learn more about our massage therapy options or schedule an appointment, contact Renovation Medical Spa in Reno.